If you're looking for a healthy and delicious alternative to traditional pasta, Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash is the perfect solution. Spaghetti Squash is low in carbs, allergy-friendly, and completely vegan, making it a great choice the whole family can enjoy!
Why This Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash Recipe is So Good
- Lighter and Healthier - Who doesn't love a big bowl full of pasta? It's definitely comfort food at its finest. But it tends to leave you feeling heavy and in desperate need of a nap. Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash is the perfect vehicle for all the delicious pasta sauces you love so much without the heaviness of pasta noodles.
- Amazing Texture - The strands of the spaghetti squash, once cooked in the air fryer, have a tender yet slightly crunchy texture that resembles al dente pasta. And check out this Mushroom Spaghetti Squash recipe that combines interesting textures (like spaghetti squash and mushrooms) to create a hearty and flavorful dish.
- Low-Carb and Allergy-Friendly - Spaghetti squash is naturally gluten-free and low in carbs. Enjoy your favorite Italian dishes without sacrificing flavor with this simple swap. And if you're looking for more allergy-friendly recipes, check out Vegan Pumpkin Muffins which are gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and egg-free.
- Vegan and Full of Nutrients - Spaghetti squash is rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber, and is a great way to get more nutrient-dense vegetables into your diet. This recipe uses avocado oil, garlic powder, and a dash of salt and pepper, making it a completely vegan dish that's easy to work into your weeknight meal rotation.
Tips and Tricks for Making Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Buying Spaghetti Squash: When buying spaghetti squash, look for squash that's uniform in color, has no spots or bruises, and has a green, hard stalk. When handled, the spaghetti squash should be firm, heavy, and full.
- Scraping the Squash: Once cooked, carefully remove the squash from the air fryer and let it cool for a few minutes. It can be really hot to handle, so you may need to use a dish towel to hold the spaghetti squash as you gently scrape the flesh with a fork to create spaghetti-like noodles.
- Flavor Variations: While the simplicity of avocado oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper is delightful, feel free to get creative with other flavorings. Herbs like basil, oregano, or parsley would add additional freshness to the dish, or sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese (or vegan Parmesan cheese) and red pepper flakes for an extra kick.
- Serving Ideas: Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash can be enjoyed as a light and refreshing side dish or as a base for traditional sauces and toppings. We love topping it with our favorite marinara sauce, pesto, or even sautéed vegetables and protein for a complete meal.
- Storage Tips: The cooked spaghetti squash will keep for about 5 days in the refrigerator.
More Yummy Vegan Recipes
I found this recipe for Burrito Spaghetti Squash Boats that I HAVE to give a try!
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
- 1 small spaghetti squash (about 30 oz)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Brush the squash halves with oil, and add salt and pepper.
- Place the squash halves in the deep fryer basket, cut side up, and cook at 370°F for about 18 minutes.
- When the spaghetti squash has cooled, shred the flesh with a fork.
- The cooked spaghetti squash will keep for about 5 days in the refrigerator.
- When buying, look for a fruit that is uniform in color, has no spots or bruises, and has a green, hard stalk. When handled, the spaghetti squash should be firm, heavy, and full.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 388Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 469mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 14gSugar: 24gProtein: 7g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.