These Turmeric Shots taste delicious and are full of powerful nutritional benefits like antioxidants and Vitamin C. They are easy to make and can be whipped up in just a few minutes.
WHY THIS TURMERIC SHOTS RECIPE IS SO GOOD
- Turmeric shots are a great way to start your day with a healthy dose of curcumin, turmeric's most active compound.
- We try to enjoy this turmeric shot recipe regularly, so that we can see some of the turmeric benefits. This drink is packed with anti-inflammatory ingredients, vitamin C, and antioxidants, and you don't even need a fancy juicer to make it.
- This drink is so refreshing and great way to start your morning. Or it is great if you are feeling under-the-weather to boost the immune system.
- If you'd like to add more healthy ingredients to this Turmeric Shot recipe, fresh ginger, lemon, and coconut water are great additions. You can check out our recipe for Ginger Turmeric Shot for a tasty twist on this healthy drink.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING TURMERIC SHOTS
- It is best to use fresh turmeric in this recipe but if you can't source that you can use powdered turmeric. I can find fresh turmeric in the produce section of my larger local grocery store, usually near the ginger root. The two actually look similar, with Turmeric being the darker colored of them.
- We like unsweetened OJ. It already has plenty of natural sugars, so we skip getting OJ with added sugar. It is your choice if you want pulp or pulp free. If you have fresh Oranges, freshly squeezed juice is perfect for this healthy wellness drink.
- Just a pinch of black pepper helps our bodies to absorb the other delicious ingredients in this recipe. Pepper increases the body's ability to absorb nutrients, which is maybe why we keep it on our dinner tables. Just a pinch won't alter the taste.
- Not only is maple syrup (optional) a sweetener, but it also has many benefits as well, just like the above spices.
- The drink is best is consumed within 24 hours of making. It can "last" a few days, but the benefits of the drink are said to be lost as time passes. This is the same for any freshly pressed juice. I find that I prefer the flavor of this wellness shot when it's fresh too.
MORE TASTY DRINK RECIPES
- Iced Matcha Latte
- Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Turmeric Tonic
- Brandy Manhattan
- Wellness Shot
- Blueberry Milk
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
- 40-50 grams fresh turmeric unpeeled
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup orange juice
- pinch black pepper ground
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup optional
- Peel the turmeric using a spoon. Place the peeled turmeric, orange juice, water, black pepper and maple syrup in a blender. (high powdered blender like a Vitamix)
- Blend until smooth. (If is too thick, add a little more of lemon juice or water)
- Divide into shot glasses or jars.
- The turmeric will stain your hands and utensils, I recommend using gloves.
- If not consuming immediately, store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator.
- We used a high powered blender like a Vitamix for this. If you don’t have a high powered blender, we suggest that you pour your juice though a cheese cloth or milk strainer bag to remove any pulp.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1580Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 341gFiber: 114gSugar: 20gProtein: 49g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.