Buttery Cajun Fried Corn is spicy, savory, and completely delicious! Enjoy this Southern-style corn side dish with all of your favorite meals.
Why This Cajun Corn Recipe is So Good
- It's Super Quick and Easy! It takes about 10 minutes to cook cajun corn on a skillet, and most of that time is entirely hands-off while the corn simmers in the flavorful buttery broth.
- I mentioned it's tasty, right? Cajun fried corn is a little bit spicy from the addition of Cajun seasoning and savory and rich from butter, vegetable stock, and garlic.
- Everyone loves buttery corn! Use regular butter or vegan butter in this recipe.
Tips and Tricks for Making The Best Cajun Fried Corn
- Use your favorite Cajun Seasoning. These spice blends are not all created equal, so you should understand how spicy yours is before you add it in. You can adjust the spiciness by adding more or less cajun seasoning.
- Instead of vegetable broth, chicken stock can be used.
- For even more heat, try stirring in chopped chili peppers or adding a bit of hot sauce.
- There's no need to thaw the frozen corn. Toss it in the pan while it's still frozen, it will thaw as it cooks.
- Try it with fresh corn. Frozen corn works well in this recipe, but you can certainly use fresh sweet corn if you have it. Check out How to Cut Corn Off the Cob without making a huge mess. Also, learn how to freeze corn on the cob so you always have some ready to cook!
What to Serve With Cajun Corn
This quick side dish goes perfectly with BBQ or roasted meat! Enjoy it with grilled chicken, or your favorite air fryer steak recipes.
Use Cajun Fried Corn as an add-in with your favorite chili recipes, or just eat it by the spoonful!
More Insanely Easy Side Dish Recipes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Mexican Macaroni Salad
- Air Fryer Hush Puppies
- Polish Cucumber Salad
- Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- Vegan Street Corn Salad
- Apple Pecan Salad
- Corn Casserole With Cream Cheese
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
- 3 tablespoon butter (or vegan butter)
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 cups frozen corn kernels
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large frying pan. Add the vegetable stock and spices and stir until well combined.
- Add the corn along with some salt and pepper to taste. Stir to coat the corn then leave to simmer, stirring occasionally, until all the liquid has been absorbed (about 8-10 minutes).
- Transfer to your serving bowl of choice and top with fresh chopped herbs if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 511mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.