Vegan Baked Beans is an easy stovetop beans recipe that is packed with flavor and the perfect BBQ side dish for summer gatherings.
Why This Vegan Baked Beans Recipe is So Good
- They technically aren't baked in the oven, so this baked bean recipe is extra perfect for hot summer days! Instead of baking, they're cooked on the stove.
- Tons of flavor goes into this recipe! Tomatoes, onions, lots of garlic, brown sugar, and spices make these beans extra tasty, without any bacon or meat needed.
- Vegan Baked Beans are a crowd-pleasing dish to bring to BBQs and potlucks. Double the recipe if you have a lot of friends to feed!
Tips and Tricks for Making Vegan Baked Beans
- I like to make this recipe with cannellini beans, but you can use any kind of beans you like! Chili beans, kidney beans, butter beans or even black beans will work.
- Use two different kinds of beans if that's what you have on hand. This is a great recipe for using up pantry staples.
- Transfer the beans to a casserole dish after they've simmered for the full "baked beans" experience. They'll also travel better that way.
- Looking for an Instant Pot Recipe? Try this recipe for Instant Pot Baked Beans instead!
What to Serve with Vegan Black Beans
Enjoy these sweet and savory beans with all of your favorite BBQ dishes!
Slather the perfect Vegan BBQ sauce over grilled veggies, grilled tofu, or Beyond Burgers. For the non-vegans, make Air Fryer BBQ Ribs.
Other vegan-friendly sides include Air Fryer Corn, Vegan Macaroni Salad and Watermelon Steak.
More Easy Side Dish Recipes
- Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Summer Fruit Salad
- Polish Cucumber Salad
- Kale Apple Slaw
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Three Bean Salad
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
Vegan Baked Beans
Vegan Baked Beans are an easy stovetop beans recipe that is packed with flavor and the perfect BBQ side dish for summer gatherings.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoon chili powder mix
- 3 400g/14oz cans cannellini beans
- 1 400g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot. Fry the onion on a medium setting until softened (about 5 minutes), then add the garlic and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomato paste, soy sauce, brown sugar, smoked paprika and chili powder. Mix well and cook for another few minutes.
- Add the cannellini beans, chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock and some salt and pepper to taste. Stir well, bring to a boil then leave to simmer for 25 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 289mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 14gSugar: 6gProtein: 21g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
Leave a Reply