This Vegan BBQ Sauce is tangy and sweet with a hint of smokiness. Your family will be so impressed, and will have no idea this sauce is vegan!
This sauce can be made in large batches and stored in the freezer when you are in a pinch. We hope you give it a try.
WHY THIS VEGAN BBQ SAUCE RECIPE IS SO GOOD
- Nothing makes or breaks a cookout like barbecue sauce. I love this Vegan BBQ Sauce because it's got all the flavors in just one spoonful.
- Your guests will rave about this tomato-based sauce that's a little tangy, a little sweet, and a little smokey. Use this Vegan BBQ Sauce to make bbq tofu or jackfruit pulled "pork" sandwiches, this sauce really goes with everything on the menu. Don't forget the elote!
- This recipe is incredibly simple. You just need to mix all the ingredients together in a saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes. Perfect for easy meal prepping!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING VEGAN BBQ SAUCE
- I like my vegan bbq sauce to be a little sweet, but you can always add more or different sweeteners. Some people love using dates!
- I use smoked paprika to get that hint of smokiness, but you can also use regular paprika and liquid smoke. You'll likely need a little less water with this version.
- If you need a hot vegan bbq sauce version, make a batch with a little hot sauce, cayenne pepper, or chili powder until it's the perfect spice level for you.
- The beauty of this vegan bbq sauce recipe is you can make it every few weeks and always have a batch of fresh sauce in the fridge! In the fridge, this vegan bbq sauce will last around 2 weeks. You can always make a massive batch and freeze some for up to 3 months. Just thaw and enjoy!
MORE TASTY SAUCE RECIPES
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes or 100% tomato sauce
- ½ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup or agave syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (Use gf if needed)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika or regular paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Stir together all ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 345mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 23gProtein: 2g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.