Vegan Tartar Sauce is so quick and easy to make, you'll wonder why you've been busy those expensive store-bought versions. It's dairy free, tangy, and wonderfully creamy, and perfect for dipping vegetables or fresh bread.
WHY THIS VEGAN TARTAR SAUCE RECIPE IS SO GOOD
- Traditionally a dip served with fried fish, tartar sauce has many uses that are meat free!
- Vegan Tartar sauce is really just a creamy dill dip, and so it goes beautifully with fresh vegetables, chunks of bread, chips, fries, or anything else that you like to dip.
- It will take you less than five minutes to whip up this homemade sauce. Don't go to the grocery store for tartar sauce, make it at home and save some money!
- There are many vegetarian and vegan fish substitute products out there that would be delicious with this sauce. Use this with your favorite fish-like food, or your favorite vegan "fish" recipe.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING VEGAN TARTAR SAUCE
- Choose your favorite brand of vegan mayo for this. I've used both the Hellman's version and the Chosen Foods vegan mayo with great results, and I think that any vegan mayo will be totally delicious.
- Either dill relish or sweet pickle relish work equally well in tartar sauce. Using sweet relish will add a little bit of sweetness to the sauce, while dill relish makes it more savory.
- Fresh lemon juice is always the best option.
- Fresh dill is amazing in this sauce, and you can use any extra in salads or sandwiches throughout the week.
- Add as much salt and pepper (or as little) as you like.
- Store your sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use. It should stay fresh for 3-5 days. I find that since this recipe is so quick and simple, I typically make it right when I need it.
MORE YUMMY SAUCE RECIPES
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
- 1 cup Vegan Mayo
- 2 tablespoon Pickle Relish either sweet or dill
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice fresh
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Dill
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a bowl, add in the vegan mayo and pickle relish.
- Juice a lemon and add lemon juice to the bowl.
- Add in the fresh dill and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and store in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Using sweet pickle relish with add a sweetness to your sauce, while dill relish will be more savory.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 167mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 0g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.