Use these sofritas to make copycat bowls at home! It is insanely easy and insanely delicious! It also is vegan and has gluten-free options!
WHAT MAKES THIS SOFRITAS RECIPE SO GOOD?
- We LOVE a good CopyCat Recipe! Chipotle has helped make eating out as a vegetarian or vegan much easier, but I don't always love their prices when I know I can make something similar myself.
- Quick and Easy! These Sofritas are the perfect substitute for busy weeknights. They are quick and easy to make and filled with soy sauce, tomatoes, salsa, bell peppers, and onions!
- Customizable and KID friendly! We LOVE LOVE LOVE that you can easily make this your own. It provides the perfect BASE for dinner! Don't like a certain ingredient typically in a sofritas bowl? Leave it out? This makes for an easy way to feed the most picky families!
- Works for all meals of the day. We love to eat these sofritas all day long! Toss the sofritas with some scrambled eggs and make a breakfast burrito or have a traditional bowl for lunch or dinner!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR SOFRITAS
- Double batch this recipe! We like to double batch this recipe and use it for a meal prepped option all week long!
- Be creative in how your use your sofritas! Think beyond the bowl! Think breakfast burrito, nachos and more! If you really want to cook up a storm make these Tortilla Chips in the Air Fryer then toss your sofritas on top with other toppings! YUM!
- Be sure to press your tofu! We like firm or extra firm tofu. Pressing the tofu will get rid of the extra water and it will cook up faster and absorb the flavors better!
- Reheating: Put your sofritas into a sauce pan and cover for about 5 minutes and stir. If still not heated through enough, cook another few minutes and check again. The reheat time will depend on how many servings you are reheating at once!
OTHER INSANELY EASY RECIPES
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup red onion
- 1 bell pepper any color
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (gf if needed or coconut aminos)
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- ½ cup salsa
Toppings for Burrito Bowls
- rice or quinoa
- black beans
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the oil, onions, and bell pepper. Sauté until the vegetables are softened.
- Press the tofu for 10 minutes. Then, place the tofu in the saucepan and mash with a fork.
- Add the soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic salt, liquid smoke, tomato sauce, and salsa. Stir to combine and continue to cook until all ingredients are heated through.
- Serve your sofritas in a bowl with rice, black beans, lettuce, and cilantro. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1134mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 9gSugar: 7gProtein: 20g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.