This Sweet Potato Pasta is comfort-food at its best! Plus, its packed full of veggies (both in the sauce and in the dish), so it's nutritious, creamy, and delicious.
And you can adjust this recipe to add your family's favorite veggies, but we use bell peppers, mushrooms, and spinach in this recipe.
WHY THIS SWEET POTATO PASTA IS SO GOOD
- A Homemade Sweet Potato Pasta Sauce that takes just a few minutes to make in the blender is the base of this dish. And while you could enjoy pasta with only creamy sweet potato sauce, it's even better when you add freshly sautéed veggies too.
- Plan and Cook Ahead by making the sauce on the weekend and then tossing everything else together just before dinner. In the amount of time it takes to boil pasta, dinner is ready.
- Delicious Flavors. The sweet potato sauce is sweet, savory, and warm from the addition of turmeric. Combined with salty parmesan (or vegan alternative), and earthy mushrooms, this dish is a delight for the tastebuds.
- Easy to Adjust. This dish can be gluten-free and vegan, depending on your ingredient choices. It's also nut-free already.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING THE BEST SWEET POTATO PASTA RECIPE
- Boil the pasta and sauté the veggies at the same time. When the veggies are ready, it will be time to add in the sauce and pasta. It's so simple!
- Choose your favorite pasta. I like fusilli, but you can use penne, farfalle, or any short pasta that your family enjoys.
- Don't forget to save some pasta water. Before you drain the pasta, pull out some of the cooking water. This stuff is like gold! Use it thin the sweet potato sauce, and the starches from the water will help the sauce stick to the pasta too.
- Feel free to add any other veggies you like. Onions, garlic, broccoli, or zucchini would all be delicious here.
- For added protein, you can add cooked chicken, beans, or top the bowl with some crispy tofu.
- Sweet Potato Pasta makes a wonderful lunch, so try using this recipe as part of your meal prep plan, or just plan to have leftovers for tomorrow!
MORE DELCIOUS COMFORT-FOOD RECIPES
- Vegetarian Bolognese
- Dairy Free Mashed Potatoes
- Vegan Stew
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots
- Pasta Salad
- Ground Turkey Stir Fry
- Pumpkin Curry
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
- 1 ½ cups Sweet Potato Pasta Sauce (see link below in notes)
- 10 ounces gluten free fusilli pasta
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 10 ounces mushrooms diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 ½ cups spinach
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese or vegan alternative
- Gather your ingredients. Boil the pasta in salted water as per the packet instructions, making sure to reserve ½ cup of the pasta water when draining.
- Add a little olive oil to a large high sided frying pan and fry the red pepper and mushrooms on a medium setting until softened – about 6-8 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the sweet potato sauce, spinach, pasta, pasta water and some seasoning to taste to the frying pan and stir over the heat for a few minutes until the spinach is wilted and the sauce is warmed through.
- Serve with the grated parmesan sprinkled on top.
- Store leftovers for up to 2 days in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave, or on the stove over low heat. If needed, add a splash of water to loosen the sauce while reheating the pasta.
- Any type of pasta can be used in this recipe, fusilli is one of my favorites.
- For the complete nutritional details for this dish, please combine the totals from my sweet potato sauce recipe with the numbers here.
- Sweet Potato Sauce Recipe - linked here
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 316Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 334mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 8gSugar: 10gProtein: 14g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.