This easy Chile Crema recipe takes a container of plain sour cream to a whole new level!
Mix in zesty lime juice, garlic, and flavorful chile paste to create a delicious dip that you'll want to put on everything from tacos to hamburgers.
Why This Easy Chile Crema Recipe is So Good
- It's Delicious on Everything! Dip chips or carrot sticks into this creamy, spicy sauce, or spoon it on top of tacos or burrito bowls. It's great on burgers and fries too!
- A Super Simple Recipe that only requires you to know how to stir things together in a bowl. It doesn't get any easier than this one.
- Restaurant-Syle Condiment that you can make yourself. This chile crema might remind you of the one you've had at your favorite taco restaurant. Save yourself a trip and make it yourself.
Tips and Tricks for Making The Best Chile Crema
- Use full-fat sour cream. Low-fat versions just don't have the same flavor and texture! This recipe will also work with vegan sour cream.
- For a bigger flavor, use a bit of extra garlic powder, or add freshly grated garlic instead.
- Instead of chipotle paste, you can also use the same amount of pureed or minced chipotles in adobo.
- The amount of heat in your chile crema will depend on the heat of your chiles and how much hot sauce you add. I suggest adding a small amount to start, and adding more at the end if you need more spice.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Looking to try something slightly different? Try our Smoky Red Pepper Crema, or this recipe we found for cilantro crema instead.
More Tasty and Easy Recipes
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoon chipotle paste
- Juice of half a lime
- Add the sour cream, garlic powder, salt, hot sauce and chipotle paste to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Squeeze in the juice from half a lime and stir again.
- Transfer the chile crema to a serving bowl or an airtight container for storage.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 249mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.