This easy Chile Crema recipe takes a container of plain sour cream to a whole new level!
Mix in zesty lime juice, garlic, and flavorful chile paste to create a delicious dip that you’ll want to put on everything from tacos to hamburgers.
Why This Easy Chile Crema Recipe is So Good
- It’s Delicious on Everything! Dip chips or carrot sticks into this creamy, spicy sauce, or spoon it on top of tacos or burrito bowls. It’s great on burgers and fries too!
- A Super Simple Recipe that only requires you to know how to stir things together in a bowl. It doesn’t get any easier than this one.
- Restaurant-Syle Condiment that you can make yourself. This chile crema might remind you of the one you’ve had at your favorite taco restaurant. Save yourself a trip and make it yourself.
Tips and Tricks for Making The Best Chile Crema
- Use full-fat sour cream. Low-fat versions just don’t have the same flavor and texture! This recipe will also work with vegan sour cream.
- For a bigger flavor, use a bit of extra garlic powder, or add freshly grated garlic instead.
- Instead of chipotle paste, you can also use the same amount of pureed or minced chipotles in adobo.
- The amount of heat in your chile crema will depend on the heat of your chiles and how much hot sauce you add. I suggest adding a small amount to start, and adding more at the end if you need more spice.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Looking to try something slightly different? Try our Smoky Red Pepper Crema, or this recipe we found for cilantro crema instead.
More Tasty and Easy Recipes
- Cajun Fried Corn
- BBQ Ranch Sauce
- Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- Lemon Garlic Aioli
- Mexican Macaroni Salad
- Million Dollar Deviled Eggs
- Easy Dragon Sauce
If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tsp chipotle paste
- Juice of half a lime
- Add the sour cream, garlic powder, salt, hot sauce and chipotle paste to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Squeeze in the juice from half a lime and stir again.
- Transfer the chile crema to a serving bowl or an airtight container for storage.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 249mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.