In less than 10 minutes you will be enjoying a hearty pumpkin-spiced oatmeal breakfast using this easy recipe! We're adding real pumpkin, warm spices, and brown sugar to traditional rolled oats to make this pumpkin oatmeal perfect for cool fall mornings.
Why This Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Recipe is So Good
- This Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Recipe is SUPER customizable. You can add anything you want, and it will still be amazing. Need a high-protein breakfast? Add protein powder. Want extra antioxidants? Toss in some blueberries. Want to treat yourself? Top your oatmeal with some pumpkin whipped cream or homemade pumpkin spice syrup.
- Making oatmeal on the stove only takes a few minutes, so breakfast is ready fast!
- Not really a morning person? Make pumpkin oatmeal the night before, store it in the fridge, and just warm it up with a splash of milk in the morning. Easy!
Tips and Tricks for Making the Best Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
- As written, this recipe serves two people. Feel free to split the recipe in half to serve one, or double it to feed more.
- Old-fashioned rolled oats are the best choice for this recipe. Instant or quick oats tend to get mushy when cooked this way.
- If you need this recipe to be gluten-free, check to be sure that your oatmeal is gluten-free certified, or better yet, use purity protocol oats.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of sugar, or replace the brown sugar with maple syrup, granulated sugar, coconut sugar, or a sugar-free sweetener.
- Use pure pumpkin puree that only contains pumpkin. Don’t use pumpkin pie filling which already contains sugar and spices.
- Jazz up your oatmeal toppings however you like! Try other types of seeds, nuts, raisins, dried cranberries, or a drizzle of pumpkin syrup.
More Easy Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Bisque
- Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- Pumpkin Whipped Cream
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Curry
- Air Fryer Pumpkin French Toast
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Bran Muffins
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup milk or unsweetened almond milk, plus extra for serving
- ⅓ cup pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup brown sugar plus extra for serving
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice plus extra for serving
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup gluten-free old fashioned oats uncooked
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pepitas for serving
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together water, milk, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add the oats. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 6-8 minutes, until thickened to your liking.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Divide between two bowls. Top with pepitas, additional milk, brown sugar, and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 388Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 339mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 6gSugar: 31gProtein: 13g