Start your morning off right with this delicious and healthy Matcha Bowl recipe. You can enjoy it in a glass with a straw or get fancy by pouring it in a bowl with all your favorite add-ins. We love blueberries, sliced kiwi, and goji berries.
WHY THIS MATCHA BOWL RECIPE IS SO GOOD
- If you haven’t had matcha before, now is a good time to try. The taste is a hard one to describe. At our house we often drink it warm, but I truly love it cold.
- It can be mixed together in a blender in just a few minutes, making this a go-to recipe for busy mornings.
- Matcha is a tea plant that is harvested and ground up into a powder that has a beautiful and vibrant green color. It's highly nutritious and rich in antioxidants.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING THIS MATCHA BOWL
- Any type of milk will work in this recipe, but we love using coconut milk.
- Any type of matcha powder will work in this recipe.
- Any type of liquid sweetener will work in this recipe, but every sweetener has different levels of sweetness, so start with a little, and taste as you go. We used maple syrup in this recipe because it adds a nice flavor and is easy to incorporate into the smoothie.
MORE QUICK BREAKFAST RECIPES
- Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
- Protein Mug Cake
- Blueberry Toast
- Matcha Tea Biscuits
- Bliss Balls
- Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burritos
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
- 2 bananas peeled, sliced, and frozen
- ⅛ cup coconut milk or other plant based milk
- 2 teaspoons Matcha Powder
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: seeds and fruits of your choice.
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Scoop the mixture into a bowl, add your favorite toppings and enjoy.
- To make this a drinkable smoothie, slowly add more liquid until you reach your desired consistency. Pour into a glass and enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 610Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 129mgCarbohydrates: 119gFiber: 9gSugar: 83gProtein: 13g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.