Nothing satisfies a sweet tooth quite like this edible brownie batter recipe. It's quick, easy, but best of all, it's decadent and packed full of fudgy goodness.
All you need is a few simple ingredients and you are all set for a family night in (…but no judgements if you decide to keep it all for yourself).
It's got chocolate chunks, it's chewy, and it contains ingredients most already have on hand . What more could you ask for?
WHY THIS EDIBLE BROWNIE BATTER RECIPE IS SO GOOD
- Egg-free and Nut-Free - You can include nuts if you'd like, but as written, my recipe for edible brownie batter is free from nuts, eggs, and can easily become gluten free by using gluten free flour.
- You can make this recipe with regular butter and milk, or use your favorite vegan alternatives to make it dairy-free.
- Rich, thick, double chocolate brownie batter with chocolate chunks is divine! You won't be able to resist a spoonful of this yummy treat, and it's ok because this brownie batter is completely safe to eat.
- This brownie batter is sweet, but not too sweet. A combination of powdered and granulated sugar gives it the perfect texture and amount of sweetness.
- Virtually no-bake. We'll heat treat the flour before mixing it in, for food safety reasons, but otherwise, this no-bake dessert is ready in minutes.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING EDIBLE BROWNIE BATTER
- Swap out the semi-sweet chocolate chunks for chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, vegan chocolate chips, or any flavor baking chips you enjoy.
- Feel free to add chopped walnuts or chopped candy bars too!
- Don't skip heating the flour. I'd hate for anyone to get sick after eating such a delicious treat.
- You can adjust the consistency of the batter if you need to. If it seems dry, add a splash of milk. If it's too wet, add a tablespoon of flour.
- After you've mixed it, your brownie batter can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. You can also freeze it for up to two months.
- I think you could even use this recipe to make a thing I just learned about called brownie batter hot chocolate!
MORE SWEET AND DECADENT RECIPES
- Vegan German Chocolate Cake
- White Chocolate Chex Mix
- Christmas Pretzels
- Rocky Road Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- No Bake Cookie Dough Bites
- Microwave Caramel Sauce
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- Gather your ingredients and preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Spread the flour onto a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Beat together the melted butter, sugars, and milk.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and beat to combine.
- Add the chocolate chunks and fold them in gently.
- Transfer to your serving bowl of choice. Serve with ice cream, fresh berries, or spread onto graham crackers.
- To make this recipe vegan, use vegan butter and your favorite dairy-free milk.
- You can easily swap out the all-purpose flour for all-purpose gluten free flour.
- It's important to cook the flour, uncooked flour can be unsafe to consume.
- Store the edible brownie batter in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 3gSugar: 32gProtein: 5g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.