This is an insanely easy Pumpkin Bisque made with canned pumpkin puree. This pumpkin soup is family friendly and makes great leftovers.
What makes this Pumpkin Bisque so good?
- This pumpkin soup is super cozy and gives you all the vibes of a beautiful fall day!
- This is a family go-to because it’s made with basic pantry staples, and it’s low carb. Can’t beat a fun seasonal kid-friendly soup!
- Love leftovers? There’s always leftovers for a great lunch meal prep!
Tips and Tricks for this Pumpkin Bisque
- Don’t want to use canned pumpkin puree? To roast a whole sugar pumpkin, quarter it and scoop out all the bits you’d remove for a jack-o-lantern. Cover all sides with oil, salt, and pepper. I also stab the skin a few times on each piece.Bake the pumpkin until the skin is soft and easily pierced. Let it cool, and just scoop out the flesh! You can keep it like this for some dishes, or blend it for a pumpkin puree.
- Don’t actually like pumpkin? You can use butternut squash puree instead of pumpkin!
- Like we said, the leftovers of this Pumpkin Bisque are delicious and it can be kept in the refrigerator for 4-5 days in an airtight container. You can also freeze the soup for 2-3 months.
Other pumpkin recipes
- Pumpkin Bisque
- Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- Pumpkin Whipped Cream
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Curry
- Air Fryer Pumpkin French Toast
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Bran Muffins
If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree about 1 ¾ cups
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup salted pepitas for garnish, optional
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Then, add the diced onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until translucent and starting to brown.
Add the minced garlic and cook an additional minute, being sure to stir constantly so the garlic does not burn.
Add the pumpkin puree, salt, ground black pepper, ground cinnamon, nutmeg and paprika.
Stir until combined. Cook 1 to 2 minutes.
Then, pour in the vegetable broth, and stir until smooth.
Bring to a boil and then turn down the heat to a simmer. Let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, to let the flavors meld together. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth. Alternatively, you can transfer the soup to a blender to process until smooth.
Once smooth, pour in the coconut milk and maple syrup. Stir until combined.
To serve, top with a drizzle of additional coconut milk and sprinkle with salted pepitas. Serve with slices of toasted gluten-free baguette.
- I used canned pumpkin in this recipe. However, if you have sugar pumpkins you can roast them in the oven until soft and then puree them for this recipe. You need roughly 2 cups of pumpkin puree.
- Some other topping ideas include pomegranate arils, crispy roasted chickpeas, croutons, coarse ground black pepper, slivered almonds, fresh herbs, and chili oil. Experiment with your favorite toppings!
- It’s important to use full-fat coconut milk to get a really creamy texture with this soup. If the coconut milk has separated in the can, stir it together before measuring it out and adding to the soup.
- To get a really smooth soup, I use an immersion blender. I like it because I don’t have to transfer the soup out of the pot. However, you can use a blender as well. Just ladle the soup into your blender and process. Work in batches if need be so you don’t overfill the blender.
- Store this soup in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 4 to 5 days. Just reheat over the stove before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 350mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 4g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.