Magic Leek Soup is a delicious and healthy recipe that uses just 6 ingredients!
The original magic leek soup recipe is just leeks boiled in water. It's said that French women sipped on this broth as a diet aid.
I added some potatoes to the recipe because hot leek water just isn't gonna cut it for me. Now, this soup is creamy, savory perfection!
Why This Recipe for Magic Leek Soup is So Good
- The simplicity of the flavors in this recipe makes it a total keeper! There's just something about potato leek soup that makes it especially cozy and warm.
- It's rich and creamy without any need for adding milk and cream! Instead, we'll boil potatoes in the soup and then blend everything up to make a luxurious broth.
- Fast and Easy - You need 6 common ingredients and about 30 minutes to make the most magical leek soup there is.
Tips and Tricks for Making Magic Leek Soup
- Be sure to wash the leeks very well. They tend to hold on to dirt inside all of their layers. I like to chop the leeks, then place them into a large bowl of cold water. The sandy dirt will sink to the bottom and the leeks will float.
- You only need the white/light green parts of the leeks for this recipe. You can use the dark parts in a broccoli, cauliflower, and leek saute.
- An immersion blender is such a handy gadget to have, and I especially love it for easily blending up soups right in the pot!
- You can add additional flavor to the soup by adding fresh herbs or your favorite seasonings to the pot.
- To Store: Leek soup can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days, or frozen for a few months! I like to freeze soups in individual serving sizes so that they're easy to reheat for lunches.
What to Serve with Magic Leek Soup
This soup is perfect with a hunk of crusty bread, or some easy air fryer garlic bread!
Enjoy it with your favorite sandwiches, or with a healthy and filling Kale Apple Salad.
More Tasty Soup Recipes
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 leeks, diced – green tops discarded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat oil in a large soup pot and fry the onion and leeks on a medium setting for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Then add the garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add the potatoes, vegetable broth, bay leaf and 4 cups of water. Stir, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and leave to cook for 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blitz the soup until smooth. Season with some salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 465mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 4g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.