Cannellini beans and hearty potatoes are simmered with kale, seasonings, and coconut milk to make this creamy and delicious White Bean and Kale Soup.
This amazing soup is so simple to make, and a filling and hearty comfort food meal that the whole family will love.
Why This White Bean and Kale Soup Recipe is So Good
- 45-Minute Recipe - From washing and chopping the veggies to simmering and serving, this amazing soup is ready in less than an hour.
- Hearty and Filling Meal - This soup includes creamy cannellini beans, potatoes, and plenty of kale, so it will fill you up and keep you satisfied all day.
- So Creamy! Canned coconut milk gives this vegan veggie soup a silky smooth creaminess.
- Delicious Leftovers - Use this recipe for meal prep, and you can enjoy a bowl of this soup for lunch all week! I think the flavors deepen after it's been in the fridge for a day, and it tastes even better.
Tips and Tricks for Making The Best White Bean and Kale Soup
- Add In Your Favorite Veggies: This soup is very easy to edit to include your favorite veggies or the ones in your fridge that need to be used up! Try broccoli, green beans, corn, or mushrooms.
- Don't Skip the Saute! Cooking the onions, carrots, and celery slowly for at least 10 minutes allows them to start to caramelize and release much more flavor. Trust me, you don't want to skip this step.
- Adjust the Seasonings: Sage and rosemary pair beautifully with garlic to create the flavor of the broth, but that doesn't mean you can't get creative. Add a pinch of crushed red pepper for some heat, or use Italian seasoning or your favorite herb blend in place of the other herbs.
- Make white bean soup extra thick and creamy by pureeing some of the soup using a blender and adding it back in.
What to Serve With White Bean and Kale Soup
White bean and kale soup is also delicious with slices of crusty bread, garlic bread, or rolls.
More Easy and Delicious Soup Recipes
- Pumpkin Bisque
- Vegan Stew
- Instant Pot Ramen
- Texas Roadhouse Chili Recipe
- French Onion Soup
- Chickpea Soup
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
- 1 white onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 sticks celery (diced)
- 2 large carrots (peeled and diced)
- 1 large baking potato (finely diced)
- 3 ¼ cups vegetable stock
- 2 cans cannellini beans (drained)
- 1 400g can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups chopped kale
- Heat a little olive oil in a large soup pot and fry the onion, carrot, and celery over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the potato, vegetable stock, cannellini beans, coconut milk, sage and rosemary to the pot. Stir well, bring to a boil then leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then add the kale and simmer for another few minutes.
- If desired, remove approx. ¼ of the soup from the pot and blitz in a blender until smooth for a creamier result.
- Return the blended soup back to the pot and stir well. Serve with croutons and chopped parsley.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 343Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 467mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 9gSugar: 4gProtein: 13g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.