This delicious and comforting 3 Ingredient Potato Soup is a breeze to make with just a few simple and affordable ingredients. Perfect for busy weeknights or when you're running low on groceries, this soup is sure to be a hit!
Why This 3 Ingredient Potato Recipe is So Good
- It's So Inexpensive to Make! You don't need much to make this delicious and budget-friendly soup - just an onion, a couple of potatoes, some broth, and a bit of simmering. Delicious food doesn't have to be expensive, and this simple soup is the perfect example!
- Potato Soup is Fun to Experiment With. Because this recipe is so simple, it's fairly plain. That means that it's the perfect canvas for adding other ingredients or seasonings.
- Make it Any Time. I always have the ingredients for this soup in my cupboards, so I can whip up a pot whenever I need to feed hungry kids (or myself!) in a hurry.
Tips and Tricks for Making Simple 3 Ingredient Potato Soup
- Sauteeing the onions and potatoes in a little bit of oil before boiling them helps to pull out more of their flavor, and means that the soup will be ready quicker.
- To make this recipe even more economical, make your own vegetable stock. Try this recipe for vegetable broth, or just simmer some onions and whatever other veggie scraps you have with water for an hour or more to make a flavorful stock that you can store in the freezer.
- You can also use chicken stock to make potato soup!
- If you'd like to make a creamy 3 ingredient potato soup, you have a couple of options. First, try blending some or all of the soup with a stick blender. This will give it a thick, creamy texture. Second, you could turn this into a 4 ingredient potato soup recipe and stir in a little bit of heavy cream at the end.
What to Serve With Potato Soup
More Insanely Easy Soup Recipes
- Crockpot Minestrone Soup
- Pumpkin Soup
- White Bean and Kale Soup
- Tofu Soup
- Instant Pot Chili
- Chickpea Soup
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
- 18 ounces (500grams) White Potatoes, peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- You'll also need a bit of oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a tablespoon of oil or butter to a large soup pot and fry the onion and potato on a medium setting for about 10 minutes until softened.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring to a boil then reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve with a little fresh chopped parsley and extra black pepper on top (optional).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 782Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 819mgCarbohydrates: 170gFiber: 18gSugar: 12gProtein: 20g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.