The Bootlegger is famous in Minnesota and delicious no matter where you live. One sip and you will quickly fall in love with this minty-lemon-lime combination!
Why This Bootlegger Drink Recipe is So Good
- You will quickly fall in love with this minty-lemon-lime combination the Bootlegger Drink provides!
- This drink is mega refreshing and perfect for summer sipping!
- People all over love this drink, especially those in Minnesota where it is said to have been created! Cheers to that!
Tips and Tricks for Making The Best Bootlegger Drink
- I like my bootlegger cocktails on the sweeter side! If you prefer a more sour drink, add one extra lemon and one extra lime, or reduce the amount of sugar from ½ cup to ⅓ or ¼ cup— depending on your taste preferences.
- Once you get the hang of making simple syrup, try making peach simple syrup or raspberry simple syrup for other tasty cocktails!
- The vodka can be substituted for gin or bourbon or left out entirely for a nonalcoholic bootlegger variation.
- Serve with a straw! It makes the perfect way to stir this Bootlegger Drink and to drink it!
- If you have a high-speed blender, you can use it to finely blend the mint. It will make the texture much smoother!
More Easy Drink Recipes
- Vodka Sidecar
- Blue Motorcycle Drink
- Mermaid Water
- Kiddie Cocktail
- Ron Ron Juice
- White Gummy Bear Shot
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
Yield: 1 drink
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
The Bootlegger is famous in Minnesota, and delicious no matter where you live. One sip and you will quickly fall in love with this minty-lemon-lime combination!
For the Mint Syrup
- 1 ½ cups water, divided
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 medium-sized lemons, juiced (about ¼ cup)
- 2 large limes, juiced (about ¼ cup)
For the Cocktail
- 2 ounces mint syrup
- 2 ounces vodka
- Club soda, enough to fill the glass
To make Mint Syrup:
- Combine ½ cup of water and ½ cup of granulated sugar in a small saucepan set over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and cook until the sugar has fully dissolved— about 5 minutes. Remove the simple syrup from the heat and allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Juice lemons and limes.
- Transfer the simple syrup, lemon juice, lime juice, and mint leaves to a blender, along with the remaining 1 cup of water. Blend until the syrup is well combined and the mint is finely chopped— about 30 seconds on high speed.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. One batch of syrup will make about 8 cocktails. You can store the syrup in the fridge for up to four days.
To make a Bootlegger Cocktail:
- Pour 2 oz of the mint syrup into a cocktail shaker or highball glass.
- Pour 2 oz of the vodka into a cocktail shaker or highball glass. Stir to combine. ( If using a cocktail shaker, transfer the mixture into a highball glass.)
- Fill the cup with ice and top club soda.
- Garnish with a wheel of lemon and sprig of fresh mint, if desired. Enjoy immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1048Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 243gFiber: 8gSugar: 177gProtein: 3g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
Leave a Reply