This velvety Vegan Hot Chocolate recipe is dairy-free, and made with all-natural ingredients. Cozy up to the fireplace with a mug full of rich and chocolatey hot chocolate that is completely homemade, in just minutes.
WHY THIS VEGAN HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE IS SO GOOD
- It's made with dairy-free milk, and you can choose your favorite type. I like to use almond milk or oat milk, but any milk-like beverage works!
- Vegan marshmallows are a must if you want to get the full hot chocolate experience, without any animal products. Trader Joe's sells vegan mini marshmallows, or you can order Dandies marshmallows online.
- We're making this dairy-free hot chocolate a decadent double-chocolate treat! Both unsweetened cocoa powder and vegan chocolate chips are stirred into the mix.
- A dollop of Aquafaba Whipped Cream will also add even more deliciousness to this hot chocolate!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING VEGAN HOT CHOCOLATE
- This recipe serves 3-4 people, depending on the size of your mugs. Feel free to scale the recipe up or down as needed though.
- For parties, make a big batch of hot cocoa, then transfer it to a small crockpot to keep it warm. Be sure to stir well when serving.
- If you can't find vegan marshmallows, top your hot chocolate with a drizzle of melted chocolate, chocolate sauce, or a dollop of coconut whipped cream.
- Adjust the sweetness if needed. Some vegan chocolate chips are less sweet than others. I usually taste the cocoa before I serve it, and add a bit more sugar if I need to.
MORE DELICIOUS DRINK RECIPES
I found this recipe for Nutella Hot Chocolate that is simple and quick to make, and sounds so decadent!
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk of choice)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- vegan marshmallows for topping, optional
- In a medium saucepan, add almond milk, cocoa powder, vegan chocolate chips, and granulated sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Turn the heat to medium and whisk as the mixture warms and the chocolate chips melt.
- Once the chocolate chips have melted, remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Pour into mugs and top with vegan marshmallows.
- This recipe will serve 3-4 depending on how big your mugs are. You can scale the recipe up or down, depending on your needs.
- For parties, make a big batch and keep the hot cocoa warm in a small crockpot. Be sure to stir well when serving.
- Instead of vegan marshmallows, you can top the hot chocolate with a drizzle of melted chocolate, peanut butter, or a dollop of vegan coconut whipped cream.
- If your vegan chocolate chips are not very sweet, you may want to add more sugar to the mixture. I like to taste and adjust the sweetness of the hot chocolate before serving.
- Feel free to add other flavorings to turn this hot chocolate into a gourmet beverage.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 39mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.