A delicious and refreshing Malibu Sunrise cocktail is easy to make and so pretty! It's a fruity spin on a tequila sunrise and you are going to love it.
Why This Malibu Sunrise Recipe is So Good
- It's very EASY! This Malibu Sunrise is super duper easy to make, just a few simple layers make the drink look very fancy!
- A Twist on an old favorite. This Malibu Sunrise is actually a twist on a Tequila Sunrise. The Malibu coconut rum softens and sweetens the taste of the cocktail with some fruitiness.
- Minimal Ingredients. It only has a few simple ingredients! And those ingredients taste like a beach vacation!
Tips and Tricks for Making The Best Malibu Sunrise
- Don’t be nervous about the layers in the drink. All you have to do is pour slowly! We like to pour towards the side of the glass so that each layer just slides into place. The grenadine will naturally sink to the bottom since it's heavier than the juice and rum.
- You can garnish this Malibu Sunrise with maraschino cherries, orange wheels, and pineapple wedges! Lime wedges are also perfect. Add a cocktail umbrella to make your drink extra beachy.
- Do not stir the cocktail! If you do, the colors will blend together and you'll lose the sunrise vibes.
- We like to ice (fridge or freezer) the Malibu rum ahead of time so it's very cold!
More Easy Cocktail Recipes
I love beautiful cocktails that are full of color! If you feel the same way, you have go to try this blood orange martini. It is beautiful and tasty!
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
- 3 ounces orange juice/pineapple juice blend
- 2 ounces coconut rum
- ½ ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce grenadine
- ¼ cup crushed ice
- 1 maraschino cherry
- 2 slices fresh lime
- Add the orange juice/pineapple juice blend to your glass. (We use a rocks glass)
- Then add the coconut rum.
- Squeeze the lime juice into a rocks glass.
- Add the grenadine (it will settle to the bottom).
- Top the glass off with ice.
- Garnish with a cherry and the lime slices.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 365Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 79gFiber: 5gSugar: 54gProtein: 3g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.