This simple Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers recipe is the ultimate quick-to-the-table dinner meal. It's filled with hearty ingredients like beans and rice and is finished off with perfectly melted cheese on top.
WHY THIS AIR FRYER PEPPERS RECIPE IS SO GOOD
- Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers are made with commonly found ingredients. I'll bet you have the ingredients in your kitchen right now, like rice and beans.
- They cook up perfectly in the air fryer!
- This is a perfect, quick week night dinner idea!
- It's full of healthy ingredients for a nutritious meal in no time. Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers are naturally vegetarian and gluten-free, and can become vegan by omitting (or replacing) the cheese with dairy-free cheese.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING AIR FRYER STUFFED PEPPERS
- Make them Vegan - You can easily make these air-fried stuffed peppers vegan by either omitting the cheese or using a dairy-free cheese.
- Add Extra Protein - Add more protein to the stuffed peppers to make them more filling. You can increase the bean measurement or add in a second type of bean. If you eat meat, you can add in cooked ground beef.
- Melty Cheese Tip: Do not add the cheese until the peppers have cooked all the way or you risk it becoming a melted burnt cheese mess. Trust me on this one!
MORE SIMPLE AIR FRYER RECIPES
- Air Fryer Pizza
- Sweet Potatoes in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Corn
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
If you'd rather use your Crock Pot today, try this recipe I found for Slow Cooked Bell Peppers!
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
- 4-6 Bell Peppers destemmed and seeds removed
- 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1-2 T Italian Seasoning
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 T parmesan cheese
- Remove tops from bell peppers. Deseed and scoop them out. Take the tops (lids of bell peppers) and dice up.
- Combine diced bell pepper tops, diced tomatoes (with juice), rice, beans, and seasoning together.
- Place mixture into scooped-out bell peppers. Fill bell peppers almost to top with mixture.
- Placed stuffed peppers into the air fryer basket. Cook at 360 degrees F for 12 minutes. Remove from air fryer but keep in the basket.
- Top the air fryer stuffed peppers with cheese mixture and cook for another 3 minutes at 360 degrees F or until cheese is melted. ENJOY!
- Depending on the size of your bell peppers, you may be able to adjust the recipe. For example: if you are using smaller bell peppers you will be able to use more peppers with the amount of mixture!
- If you are using bigger bell peppers you might need to increase the cooking time.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 972mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 12gSugar: 12gProtein: 15g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.