This Air Fryer Tofu recipe gives you seasoned tofu that is crunchy on the outside, and tender on the inside. This dish can be ready to eat in just 15 minutes, making this a perfect meal for busy nights when you need a quick and healthy bite.
WHY THIS AIR FRYER TOFU RECIPE IS SO GOOD
- Air Fryer Tofu is easy to make! It's as simple as dipping the bite-sized cubes of tofu into the seasoned cornstarch mixture and tossing it in the air fryer. Easy peasy.
- The health benefits of tofu are numerous! Tofu contains anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant phytochemicals that are a great addition to your meal plan.
- You can season it with the spices you enjoy! We love the taste of smoked paprika, but it would be great with Creole seasoning, taco seasoning, or possibly some garam masala.
- You can adjust the cook time to get your personal desired texture of the tofu!
- It makes dinner a snap!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING AIR FRYER TOFU
- Always press your tofu! This is an important step in achieving a crispy texture.
- Check in on your tofu while it's cooking. Adjust cook time as needed. This is not a set and forget recipe.
- Want more flavor? Crank up the spice measurements and add in additional spices!
- Use oil to crisp up your tofu! Spray oil directly on tofu chunks when you "shake" the basket mid way through cooking.
MORE YUMMY VEGAN RECIPES
Yay! you have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
- 1 block of extra firm tofu pressed
- 2-3 T cornstarch
- 1 T smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
- Press your tofu to help remove extra liquid.
- After pressing the tofu, cut into squares or little bite sized pieces.
- Mix the cornstarch and smoked paprika together then sprinkle over tofu.
- Season with salt and pepper. Put into Air Fryer basket.
- Set temperature for 370 Degrees F. Turn on the Air Fryer for 12 minutes. (You may need to add a few minutes if you like crisper tofu) Your air fryer tofu is almost ready!
- Every 4 minutes remove the air fryer basket and "shake" to stir up the tofu. Every air fryer is different, be sure to monitor how it is cooking.
- Enjoy your air fryer tofu!
- Based upon reader comment it seems that Air Fryers out there are varying widely and that is affecting this recipe;
- If your tofu is not crisping, consider adding time to your cook time. Just add in small amounts and remember to shake*
- If you are getting a chalky feeling to your tofu, be sure you are pressing the tofu for at least 10 minutes before hand in a tofu press. Then you can also lessen the amount of corn starch :)*
- You can also SPRAY a small amount of oil onto the tofu when you are shaking it mid way through. This will HELP your tofu to crisp up and get rid of any extra corn starch!*
- Pro Tip: If you feel that your tofu is not crispy enough OR if the cornstarch is powdery you can spray the tofu with a spray oil in the that minute and that will fix the problem!
Air Fryer Tofu Tips:
- Be sure to press your tofu before adding your cornstarch and paprika.
- Be sure to coat your tofu on all sides so it cooks evenly.
- Be sure that you are using a firm or extra firm tofu for this recipe.
- Be sure to "shake" your air fryer basket during the cooking so that your tofu turns and cooks on all sides.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.