Turn simple Green Beans and Mushrooms into a delightful side dish with this easy recipe. Just 4 ingredients and 15 minutes are between you and a delicious savory green bean dish that everyone is going to love!
Why This Green Beans and Mushrooms Recipe is So Good
- A Quick and Easy Side Dish. Adding blanched green beans to sauteed garlicky mushrooms takes about 15 minutes, and it's easy to throw together while you're waiting for your other dishes to cook.
- Tasty Leftovers. Store leftovers in the fridge for 2-3 days. Add green beans and mushrooms to your meal prep lunches, or re-heat them for dinner tomorrow night.
- A Little Bit Fancy. Make this dish instead of plain steamed veggies. It's impressive enough for a romantic dinner, a dinner party, or a holiday meal.
- It's naturally gluten-free, vegan, and keto approved!
Tips and Tricks for Making The Best Green Beans and Mushrooms
- Don't overcook the green beans. We're blanching the green beans, which means you should boil them until the color turns bright green, then promptly remove them from the water and cool them down quickly under running water. This way, they stay that bright, beautiful color, and are crisp-tender.
- Keep the heat medium, and stir the mushrooms frequently to avoid burning the garlic.
- Instead of olive oil, you can use butter, vegan butter, or your favorite cooking oil.
- If you don't have fresh garlic, you can cook the mushrooms with a ¼ teaspon of garlic powder instead.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges if you like, or add a squeeze of lemon juice just before serving.
- Try adding toasted slivered almonds to make mushrooms and green beans almondine!
What to Serve With Green Beans and Mushrooms
This side dish pairs well with all of your favorite dinners, and makes an especially tasty side dish for a vegetarian Thanksgiving!
Green bean casserole onion stacks sound like a super fun way to serve green beans for the holiday too.
Serve sauteed green beans and mushrooms with Turkey Pasta, Air Fryer Salmon, or a juicy Steak.
More Insanely Easy Side Dish Recipes
- Seasoned Black Beans
- Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- Amish Potato Salad
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- Sweet Potatoes in Air Fryer
- Cajun Fried Corn
- Apple Pecan Salad
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
Green Beans and Mushrooms
Turn simple Green Beans and Mushrooms into a delightful side dish with this easy recipe that requires just 4 ingredients and 15 minutes to cook.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the beans to a pan of boiling water and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Then drain the beans, rinsing with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Fry the mushrooms and garlic for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the green beans and salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring, for another 2-3 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 66Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
Leave a Reply