It takes less than 5 minutes to whip up this amazing seasonal pumpkin whip cream. Get ready to smother your cupcakes, coffees, or pies with extra creamy pumpkin flavor.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS PUMPKIN WHIP CREAM
- This easy recipe for pumpkin spice whip cream has pure pumpkin puree in it, not just pumpkin spice. It’s thick, rich, and perfect!
- Just 5 ingredients in the recipe means that it’s simple to whip this up. Pre-mixed pumpkin pie spice saves time, but you can use your own blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and ginger if you prefer to add the warm spices individually.
- Homemade pumpkin whip cream is made with real ingredients and you can control the amount of sugar and spices if you need to. It’s such a fun fall flavor.
- You can add this easy topping to any of your favorite desserts.
And honestly, who doesn’t love a good homemade whipped cream recipe? Especially during the holiday season. The delicious pumpkin flavor makes the perfect topping for any fall dessert.
INGREDIENTS IN PUMPKIN SPICE WHIPPED CREAM
Heavy Cream – You can use cold heavy cream or heavy whipping cream. The creamier the better. Since whipped cream is made with heavy cream, other types of milk, like whole milk, won’t work.
Real Pumpkin Puree – You can use homemade pumpkin puree, or store-bought pumpkin puree from the grocery store. We don’t recommend pumpkin pie filling, but you can use it if you like.
Powdered Sugar – We’re not using too much sugar in this easy recipe. Just enough to give it a light touch of sweetness. We haven’t tried using honey or agave syrup.
Vanilla – Vanilla extract adds to the flavor profile and compliments the pumpkin flavor.
Pumpkin Pie Spice – You can purchase pumpkin spice or use your own pumpkin spice. If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice on hand, you can use ground cinnamon. It won’t have the same flavor, but it will still be delicious. An alternative would be to use a pumpkin spice extract in place of the vanilla extract.
We adding a little flavored whipped cream on top of a coffee mixed with a little pumpkin spice syrup.
BEST TIPS FOR MAKING PUMPKIN WHIP CREAM
- I don’t recommend whisking this pumpkin whip cream by hand unless you have really amazing upper body strength! Aside from being tiring, it will take a very long time to make pumpkin whipped cream with a hand whisk. Use an electric hand mixer and a mixing bowl, or your stand mixer with a whisk attachment for the best results.
- Be careful not to overwhip the whipped cream. The cream will start to curdle and turn into butter if you go past the stiff peaks stage. If you’re using a stand mixer, don’t walk away from it!
- Buy the right pumpkin. At the grocery store, you’ll find two different types of canned pumpkin. One will say “pie filling”. That’s the wrong one. Buy the can labeled “pure pumpkin” instead. Pure pumpkin has the best natural flavor.
- You can use homemade pumpkin puree in this recipe, but be sure that you’ve strained it and blended it well so that there are no lumps or stringy bits left.
- For a vegan option, use full-fat coconut cream in place of the heavy whipping cream.
MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES
- Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin s’mores bars
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
- Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Bisque
If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
- 1 cup heavy cream chilled
- 1/3 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Add the heavy cream, pumpkin puree, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice to a mixing bowl.
- With an electric mixer, whip for 3-4 minutes, until stiff peaks form.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
- The powdered sugar in the recipe stabilizes the whipped cream and will allow you to store it in the fridge for 2-4 days.
- Use cold ingredients, and chill the mixing bowl too. This helps the cream whip up faster.
- Don't over whip, this will cause the cream to curdle and start turning into butter!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
Insanely Easy Recipes occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.