This is the perfect sweet and salty holiday treat! White Chocolate Chex Mix is irresistibly delicious and made with crunchy Chex cereal, pretzels, peanuts, and red and green M&Ms.
Why This White Chocolate Chex Mix Recipe is So Good
- Everyone Loves this Stuff! This popular sweet and salty snack is called by a few different names. White Trash and Christmas Crack are two of the more colorful names for it, but it’s much gentler to call this White Chocolate Chex Mix, Chex Christmas Mix, or White Chocolate Party Mix.
- Barely Any Cooking Involved. You need to be able to work the microwave and a mixing bowl to make this Chex mix. It’s super easy to mix everything together, and the only hard part is waiting for the chocolate to harden
- Makes Great Gifts. Load your Christmas Chex Mix into decorative bags and give it to your friends and neighbors this holiday. They will appreciate the gesture and the tasty snack so much!
Tips and Tricks for Making White Chocolate Chex Mix
- This sweet snack is popular for Christmas, but you can make it all year round! Use other colors of sprinkles and M&Ms to make it fit into any special occasion. To make an Easter white chocolate Chex mix, I mix in chocolate eggs. At Halloween, try some candy corn stirred in.
- Add other things to the mix if you want to! You need a total of 6 cups of bulky items, and you can mix and match. Try other kinds of crunchy cereal like Cheerios, Cap’n Crunch, or Golden Grahams. Different types of nuts will all work, or you can leave the nuts out and replace them with something else. Instead of pretzels, try popcorn!
- You should work quickly so the sprinkles and extra M&Ms you add will stick to the white chocolate. Otherwise, they’ll end up loose at the bottom of the container.
- You can also stir the sprinkles and all of the candy in with the other ingredients. Then you don’t have to stress about it, but it won’t look quite as festive.
Having a Holiday Party? Try These Cocktail Recipes!
I found this recipe for Caramel Chex Mix that I’m going to have to try soon!
More Easy Recipes
- Snicker Apple Salad
- Pumpkin Soup
- Neapolitan Ice Cream
- Dairy Free Mashed Potatoes
- No Bake Cornflake Cookies
- Microwave Caramel Sauce
If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
- 2 cups rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups corn Chex cereal
- 2 cups gluten-free pretzels
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1.5 cups holiday M&Ms, divided
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil or vegetable shortening
- 2 tablespoons holiday sprinkles
- Add rice chex cereal, corn chex cereal, gluten-free pretzels, salted peanuts, and 1 cup of the holiday M&Ms to a large bowl. Stir until combined.
- Add the white chocolate chips and vegetable oil to a heat-proof bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between until melted. It should take about 60-90 seconds in total.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the cereal mixture. Stir until evenly coated.
- Pour the cereal mixture out onto a baking sheet in a single layer. You may need two baking sheets.
- Quickly sprinkle the cereal with remaining M&Ms and holiday sprinkles before the white chocolate sets.
- Let harden at room temperature for an hour, or speed up the process by placing the tray in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- The white chocolate will harden quickly, so you need to work fast to make sure the remaining M&Ms and holiday sprinkles stick to the white chocolate.
- Instead, you can just add all the M&Ms and sprinkles in with the white chocolate, but it looks prettier if they are added after.
- This treat can be gluten-free if you use gluten-free pretzels. Rice and Corn Chex are already made without gluten.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 473Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 244mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 3gSugar: 36gProtein: 8g